Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Post Questions Here For Written, Video, Audio Teacher Reply
06-21-2014, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 12:52 PM by ClarkNight.)
Post Questions Here For Written, Video, Audio Teacher Reply
Welcome;

Post your Natural Eyesight Improvement questions here, on one of the other threads, or create your own thread.

List your state 'level' of visual clarity, condition 'health' of the eyes and if you wear glasses, list your prescription.
I will reply with Video, Audio and some written information. The video will remain here and may be downloaded. The videos will also be preserved on a YouTube channel.

Administrator, teacher ClarkNight - Mary I Oliver posts here. It's to keep my way of teaching clear in the persons mind.
You are welcome to read, contemplate other members, teachers way of training. They may also post here.

Sabino, Andrewc and a few others I consider teachers. They have successfully improved their eyesight to normal 20/20 and better and improved the eyesight of their family and friends.
If you want to discuss the method with others students... see the sub-forums below on the home page.

To return to the main forum; click the picture on top of page.

Thank you,

Clark

Ophthalmologist Bates BETTER EYESIGHT MAGAZINE with Translator, Speaker; https://www.cleareyesight.info/naturalvi...atesmethod - FREE Bates Method Natural Vision Improvement Training, 20 Color E-books. YouTube Videos; https://www.youtube.com/user/ClarkClydeN...rid&view=0 - Phone, Google Video Chat, Skype Training; https://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2015, 01:40 AM
RE: Post Questions Here For Written, Video, Audio Teacher Reply
Hello ClarkNight,

I do admire your work and all this knowledge you have about Bates' method. I'm a big fan of his work, as well. I know what you are doing is extremely valuable, and it's not easy task. So I leave here my deep gratitude to you.

I was just now watching your video "Do It Yourself - Natural Eyesight Improvement - Original and Modern Ophthalmologist Bates Method" - duration 1:14:06, and some thoughts occurred to me. I'll share them here, hoping you can shed some light on these topics.

01) I do wish to improve my vision (presbyopia/hypertropia, astigmatism, strabismus), and I have learned from this method that to cure hypertropia we should insist in reading small print - and you even say it in this video, and the closer the better. AND without eye glasses! Wow! That really puts a load of frustration on me because I simply cannot distinguish letters in point 10 or smaller without glasses. Even point 12 without glasses are very blurry and not "bright" enough. When I put reading glasses on it seems that someone turned the lights on and I can see clearly again. I know this is not beneficial, and I have only started using reading glasses about two months ago - only for really challenging things, like small print, computer, and doing my nails. I don't like the sensation of wearing glasses and I totally agree they impair our eyes even further, and I do not want to continue like this. But when you say to read small print without glasses as an exercises, I freak out because then I cannot read anything! So, I am really lost, and I feel a certain desperation because sometimes it seems that there is no way I can see clear again! Maybe I haven't tried enough yet. But what do you recommend about reading small print without glasses, if I can't recognize the letters? How can I even practice this exercise if I see all smudged and blurry, and sometimes the letter has a shadow on it, making it double. The other day I was looking at the page number of a book and I saw the number 122, but the page actually was 12. So the "2" was a double, and blurry, and looking so faaaar away. Really, really sad! Sad What do you say?

02) I'd also like to make a comment about the overwhelming reading material you have in your website. I do want to read it all, but see, we have a recurrent problem here: I try to avoid using glasses, but if I stay in front of the computer I do need them! So, to read your material about NOT using eye glasses I DO NEED glasses! It's a terrible paradox for me! There is too much to read and I'd like to, but it frustrates me because reading has been my main difficulty. Right now to write this post I am using glasses. So, I've been wondering if you could make available for us more audio material. Videos on You Tube TEACHING all this is just perfect! It would be much easier and more inviting to the people who have already difficulties in reading!

03) In this video, you started talking about and showing an e-book... It's a good book, but we don't need a sample or explanation about what it brings, because it's free anyway, right? Any persons can go and download it and explore the book by herself. Because of the long explanation about the book, I was about to lose my interest on the video, for I was searching for real practice, training, useful advice for natural vision, and not just a display of an e-book. Well, but then you started kind of teaching things and explaining details, etc - with your usual passion and charisma - and you kept me on, watching your video. Then on the mark of 37:40m you stop you explanation and say "I'm still teaching you! I'm supposed to be showing you the book!" -- Oh, no!!! You were doing fine teaching us on the screen! It was great, it grabbed my full attention! That's what we students need, right? You don't need to spend more than 5 minutes showing a book! A book can show by itself! But your teachings, Mary, are super-hyper valuable because by hearing you and absorbing your experience we can heal ourselves much faster and effectively than reading all that material (i.e. straining our eyes in front of a screen). So, that part in your video made me pause it and come to write to you: please continue with your teaching videos! One topic at a time (say, one video for myopia, another for presbyopia, another for astigmatism, etc... And others just for specific exercises and tips, and so on). Thirty to forty minutes I think would be great for each one! Students can watch any time we can, and several times!

I know that making video classes is extremely time-consuming but I bet all students who are really serious about their eyes, and realize how decent and honest this method is (and you, too), would gladly pay a subscription for your series of video-classes. Well, this is just an idea because I value what you do. What I really would like is to have more of your teachings in an easier way to assimilate and practice, which is not by reading, since reading is my main vision struggle.

Thank you, Mary!

Rose T
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2015, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 12:54 PM by ClarkNight.)
(05-04-2015 01:40 AM)Rosangela Wrote:  Hello ClarkNight,

I do admire your work and all this knowledge you have about Bates' method. I'm a big fan of his work, as well. I know what you are doing is extremely valuable, and it's not easy task. So I leave here my deep gratitude to you.

I was just now watching your video "Do It Yourself - Natural Eyesight Improvement - Original and Modern Ophthalmologist Bates Method" - duration 1:14:06, and some thoughts occurred to me. I'll share them here, hoping you can shed some light on these topics.

01) I do wish to improve my vision (presbyopia/hypertropia, astigmatism, strabismus), and I have learned from this method that to cure hypertropia we should insist in reading small print - and you even say it in this video, and the closer the better. AND without eye glasses! Wow! That really puts a load of frustration on me because I simply cannot distinguish letters in point 10 or smaller without glasses. Even point 12 without glasses are very blurry and not "bright" enough. When I put reading glasses on it seems that someone turned the lights on and I can see clearly again. I know this is not beneficial, and I have only started using reading glasses about two months ago - only for really challenging things, like small print, computer, and doing my nails. I don't like the sensation of wearing glasses and I totally agree they impair our eyes even further, and I do not want to continue like this. But when you say to read small print without glasses as an exercises, I freak out because then I cannot read anything! So, I am really lost, and I feel a certain desperation because sometimes it seems that there is no way I can see clear again! Maybe I haven't tried enough yet. But what do you recommend about reading small print without glasses, if I can't recognize the letters? How can I even practice this exercise if I see all smudged and blurry, and sometimes the letter has a shadow on it, making it double. The other day I was looking at the page number of a book and I saw the number 122, but the page actually was 12. So the "2" was a double, and blurry, and looking so faaaar away. Really, really sad! Sad What do you say?

02) I'd also like to make a comment about the overwhelming reading material you have in your website. I do want to read it all, but see, we have a recurrent problem here: I try to avoid using glasses, but if I stay in front of the computer I do need them! So, to read your material about NOT using eye glasses I DO NEED glasses! It's a terrible paradox for me! There is too much to read and I'd like to, but it frustrates me because reading has been my main difficulty. Right now to write this post I am using glasses. So, I've been wondering if you could make available for us more audio material. Videos on You Tube TEACHING all this is just perfect! It would be much easier and more inviting to the people who have already difficulties in reading!

03) In this video, you started talking about and showing an e-book... It's a good book, but we don't need a sample or explanation about what it brings, because it's free anyway, right? Any persons can go and download it and explore the book by herself. Because of the long explanation about the book, I was about to lose my interest on the video, for I was searching for real practice, training, useful advice for natural vision, and not just a display of an e-book. Well, but then you started kind of teaching things and explaining details, etc - with your usual passion and charisma - and you kept me on, watching your video. Then on the mark of 37:40m you stop you explanation and say "I'm still teaching you! I'm supposed to be showing you the book!" -- Oh, no!!! You were doing fine teaching us on the screen! It was great, it grabbed my full attention! That's what we students need, right? You don't need to spend more than 5 minutes showing a book! A book can show by itself! But your teachings, Mary, are super-hyper valuable because by hearing you and absorbing your experience we can heal ourselves much faster and effectively than reading all that material (i.e. straining our eyes in front of a screen). So, that part in your video made me pause it and come to write to you: please continue with your teaching videos! One topic at a time (say, one video for myopia, another for presbyopia, another for astigmatism, etc... And others just for specific exercises and tips, and so on). Thirty to forty minutes I think would be great for each one! Students can watch any time we can, and several times!

I know that making video classes is extremely time-consuming but I bet all students who are really serious about their eyes, and realize how decent and honest this method is (and you, too), would gladly pay a subscription for your series of video-classes. Well, this is just an idea because I value what you do. What I really would like is to have more of your teachings in an easier way to assimilate and practice, which is not by reading, since reading is my main vision struggle.

Thank you, Mary!

Rose T

Hi Rose T,

Thank you for posting. Good advice. Am in process of creating solely teaching videos. I made that new one for the book because my 1st video shows the old one.

When the print is blurry; just shift on the blur. That is what we do on far objects that are blurry; shift on parts of the blur.

I will read this post over and reply soon as possible. Can't teach lately; Been emotionally and physically sick due to worry about my mother for past 2 months. Was in hospital 3x. Sent home Sunday, doc saying nothing can be done to help her. She passed to heaven yesterday at 1:38 pm.

Will get back to you after funeral.

Thank you for your patience.

Mary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose,

Answers to questions;

Avoid reading as a exercise. Relax into it.

Use the imagination, memory. Shift on the blurry print. Paint the spaces between sentences with a imaginary white paint brush. Imagine the spaces are clear, white.
Close the eyes and imagine the white spaces pure white. Paint them. Move along them in your imagination. Imagine the letters are dark black.

Then daydream something happy. Open and check for clarity. Read a little. Close before the flash of clarity disappears. Open, repeat.

If the letter has shadow; practice with the astigmatism wheel printed at a small but comfortable close distance. Both eyes, one eye at a time... Move along each line; trace it or shift on it. Shift from line to line. Blink.

Central-fixation with shifting helps remove astigmatism, blur, strabismus; shift on tiny parts of objects. Yes; even if its very blurry. I meet many people that developed strabismus from wearing glasses; usually strong glasses, often from bifocal and astigm prescription. They make certain eye muscles more tense. The glasses block muscle relaxation, normal eye movement. The glasses also block the brains function with the eyes movement.

Eat a lot of spinach. Lutein, bilberry berries. Lot of water. Be sure to get some salt, a healthy amount so the water is able to get into and work in the body.

Reduce the glasses strength if you must use them. No glasses is best. Be sure there is no astigmatism prescription in them.

Will definitely make a complete training video for you. I had speech-grammar training when I took a Penn Foster Optician course last year so I can better understand how to teach eyeglass reduction. I am using these skills to improve my speech and eyeglass removal instructions in my books. Then when that is complete; will do a video teaching all in each chapter. Like your idea of individual videos.

One the home page of the website; scroll down a bit; The 10 main steps are there. Enlarge the font or print the pages large size. (Small and fine is healthiest but you can start with larger print and work your way into smaller.)

I am on the last pages of a new chapter in Perfect Sight Without Glasses; it teaches 3 types of switching to cure strabismus, blur, astigmatism. Plain switching will also do it.

Vary the distance the objects are at. When my neck was broken I found that switching on a object at 7 feet and the far at 40 to infinity worked best to cure the problem.

Sinus pressure can cause astigmatism. Avoid sinus sprays. They are toxic. Use pure water and pure sea salt mixture and snuff it up the nose (blow the nose first) one nostril at time. Get it into the sinus; when you feel that uncomfortable ‘I got water up my nose pain in the forehead’ that means the salt water got into the sinus and it will clear the sinus. This is needed mainly in dry air, dry nose, pollen season. Take local organic honey for pollen immunity.

Avoid hair dye; it can cause a type of astigmatism due to the dye, chemicals blocking the oil from pores or glands in the eyelids and affects the tear gland. Can also get into the eyelash. Then the cornea gets dry, the dye gets on the eyeball, cornea; streaks, weird patterns, ect.. are the effects.

Close vision video;

Mary

Mary

Ophthalmologist Bates BETTER EYESIGHT MAGAZINE with Translator, Speaker; https://www.cleareyesight.info/naturalvi...atesmethod - FREE Bates Method Natural Vision Improvement Training, 20 Color E-books. YouTube Videos; https://www.youtube.com/user/ClarkClydeN...rid&view=0 - Phone, Google Video Chat, Skype Training; https://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info
05-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry for hearing about your mother and all your tribulations. My sincere sentiments.

No hurry in replying my post - take your time to take care of yourself now. Thank you for writing me, even with so much going on in your world now.

Many Blessings & Love,

Rose
05-06-2015, 09:12 PM
(05-05-2015 08:49 PM)Rosangela Wrote:  Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry for hearing about your mother and all your tribulations. My sincere sentiments.

No hurry in replying my post - take your time to take care of yourself now. Thank you for writing me, even with so much going on in your world now.

Many Blessings & Love,

Rose

Thank you very much Rose.
On and off I get the 'go power' so I posted reply to one question. Might have time to get on here tomorrow. It kind of helps; gets the mind off things.

Mary

05-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Mary,

I was reading Janet Goodrich - http://www.janetgoodrichmethod.com/visio...tigmatism/
- and she mentions, among other things, "Magic Nose Pencil for increased saccadic movement". I went further and found this saccadic movement exercise on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODv4jFA...1146513327

I tried it as demonstrated on the video and when my head is turned to one side and I turn the eyes to see the finger on the opposite side, I fist see double (with both eyes, in both directions). The double image only disappears when I turn the head too, to that direction.

Is the double image in that exercise normal even to those who have clear vision? Is that ok to practice this Magic Pen (or finger) saccadic movement to remove astigmatism? Would you suggest any other way to do that?

Thank you! Smile

Rose
05-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Than you, Mary! Smile

Central fixation with Shifting; shift on the blurry parts; breath, blink... smile! Smile I am doing it, a few minutes every day. I have diminished in 90% the use of reading glasses for the last 3 days! :-D

However, when I am knitting without glasses I need to be outside, in natural light. Still, I cannot be for more than 10 minutes because I feel a strain in the upper part of my eyes (below the top part of the eye lids), so I stop, palm, realx and go go something else.

At this pace I will take forever to finish my knitting project! ehehe

Thank you again!

Rosangela
05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
(05-09-2015 06:09 PM)Rosangela Wrote:  Than you, Mary! Smile

Central fixation with Shifting; shift on the blurry parts; breath, blink... smile! Smile I am doing it, a few minutes every day. I have diminished in 90% the use of reading glasses for the last 3 days! :-D

However, when I am knitting without glasses I need to be outside, in natural light. Still, I cannot be for more than 10 minutes because I feel a strain in the upper part of my eyes (below the top part of the eye lids), so I stop, palm, realx and go go something else.

At this pace I will take forever to finish my knitting project! ehehe

Thank you again!

Rosangela

90%! Alright!

Sunlight makes the eyes' pupil smaller. This makes the eyesight clearer due to the small pupil blocking some of the unfocused light rays in the eye. In time all rays will focus perfect and you will also see clear in lower light.

Good; You are right, on the right track;
take a break when you feel strain, any pain. The type of pains that can occur when improving the close vision is harmless and all related to the neck, head and eye muscles. The more you just let go, relax, relax, don't try to do anything; the quicker the muscles will relax and converge those 2 eyes (their foveas) together perfectly.

Try to figure out what is causing the strain when knitting. Maybe you are just kind of 'breaking in' your natural eyes!

Mom liked to knit. I was always working, no time to learn so I cant give advice on this; I might say let the mind wander to happy things; but maybe that would become diffusion? Thinking of knitting and something else at same time? Or would allowing the mind to drift be ok; like if you have the knitting pattern in the mind, hands as a automatic thing? Maybe like doing the thumb movement and thinking anything you like;

Thumb, Finger Movement Swing

Thumb, Finger Movement

Q—What is the movement of the thumb and forefinger, and how does it help?
A—Let the ball of the thumb rest on the ball of the forefinger. Move the thumb in a circle, about one-quarter of an inch in diameter. When the thumb is moving continuously, one can imagine that all the nerves of the body are moving with the thumb. This prevents the stare and strain. This movement of the thumb can be practiced when inside a room at home, office… or on the street. When the right foot moves forward let the thumb move in the same direction. Then, when the left foot moves forward, let the thumb move backward. Alternate.

Recently a patient thirty years of age, suffering from squint, near-sightedness, astigmatism in one eye of minus 5D with myopia and astigmatism in the other, obtained temporary normal vision with the aid of the short swing which was regulated by the feeling of the thumb and finger rubbing against each other, a short distance, a quarter of an inch, from side to side. The patient obtained better vision when the body was imagined to move opposite to the direction of the moving thumb and less benefit when she imagined the body moving in the same direction as the thumb. In less than an hour she obtained normal vision for a short time. The squint became much less and at times both eyes were straight. I expect this case will obtain a permanent cure in a very short time. However, patients with a considerable amount of corneal astigmatism usually require weeks and months before they obtain a cure.
Astigmatism accompanied with a malformation of the lens is not common. Thirty years ago I treated a young girl for progressive near-sightedness. Her vision with glasses, which were very strong, concave 17D combined with concave 6D.C., was only 20/100. With the Ophthalmometer she had no corneal astigmatism. I removed the lens from one eye when the vision became normal, 20/20, without glasses. The case was exhibited at the Ophthalmological Section of the New York Academy of Medicine and many of the men present afterwards practiced this method of benefiting the imperfect sight of very bad cases of near-sightedness. I believe I was the first one in New York to do this operation as none of the members present recalled that anybody else had performed the same operation or published it. Many surgeons are still doing this operation for the benefit of these cases. I never did it again because my patient was not permanently benefited; the myopia or near-sightedness returned. The other eye also had 6 diopters of astigmatism with the cornea normal. For a time relaxation methods improved this eye with the astigmatism of the lens but before she had obtained a cure she stopped treatment. I have seen other cases of astigmatism accompanied by a malformation of the lens and usually a temporary improvement in the vision can be obtained. Some of these cases have been cured. Many cataract patients have an irregular astigmatism produced by the malformation of the lens. After the cataract is cured the astigmatism disappears.
The treatment of astigmatism in my hands has been very encouraging. It is so easily produced that it seems to be just as easily relieved. It is so very common that one should realize the facts and study these cases to obtain prevention and cure. School children acquire astigmatism very frequently and it can always he prevented by methods described in the August issue of each year of BETTER EYESIGHT. I am quite sure that the fact that treatment always improves or cures acquired astigmatism in school children, that it more readily prevents it.
I cannot refrain from again repeating what I have said so often before that the people of this country must wake up and look after the eyesight of the coming generation, and, on account of the enormous number of children affected with astigmatism some radical steps should be taken for the benefit of the eyes of school children suffering from astigmatism.

http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/na.../id64.html

Aids to Swinging

IT IS possible for most people to do a very simple thing—to move the finger nail of the thumb from side to side against the finger nail of one finger. This may be done when the patient is in bed or when up and walking around, in the house, in the street or in the presence of other people, and all without attracting attention. With the aid of the movement of the thumb nail which can be felt and its speed regulated one can at the same time regulate the speed of the short swing. The length of the swing can also be regulated because it can be demonstrated that when the body moves a quarter of an inch from side to side that one can move the thumb from side to side. If the long swing is too rapid it can be slowed down with the aid of the thumb nail; when it is too long it can be shortened. At times the short swing may become irregular and then it can be controlled by the movement of the thumb nail. It is very interesting to demonstrate how the short swing is always similar to the movements of the fingernail. One great advantage connected with the short swing is that after a period of time of longer or shorter duration, the swing may stop or it may lengthen. It has been found that the movement of the thumb maintains the short swing of the body, the short swing of the letters or the short swing of any objects which may be seen, remembered or imagined. A letter O with a white center can only be remembered continuously with the eyes closed when it has a slow, short, continuous, regular swing and all without any effort or strain. The imagination may fail at times but the movement of the thumb can be maintained for an indefinite period after a little practice. One can more readily control the movement of the thumb instead of the eye.

Be back around Wednesday. Funeral was nice. So many old senior citizens came by to see Mom! They were so kind and comical. Really made a sad day into something uplifting.

Thank you Rosangela for your kind words.

If you would like to see Mom's page; Look for Nancy Wilder, 2nd one down the page; http://pillsburyfuneralhome.com/runtime....rId=265560

05-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Interesting things this about the thumb and index finger. I've read it somewhere else, I'm pretty sure it was in one of your pages. I tried it, and it really feels like we are shifting 1/2 of an inch. I tried moving my head (closed eyes) drawing an imaginary circle with my head, the opposite way of my thumb. And it's quite difficult at first, but then I got it! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Your mom's page looks good! Thanks for sharing that, too! Smile

Have a great week ahead!

Rosangela
05-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Mary,

I just want to share good news: yesterday I was able to read small print (4 point!) of some Bate's material that I printed from your site - without those cheap reading glasses!!! I was outdoors, for about 30 minutes! It was very pleasant! I know I can't do that 4-point print indoors yet - not enough light, but it was a great accomplishment to read such small print outdoors, in partial shade even!

I am really avoiding to my best those $1 reading glasses. I did have to buy one pair a few months ago because I was not being able to read anything anymore. But after I read your post about those cheap glasses doing more more harm than the prescription glasses, I am doing my best now to not use them anymore. I keep breathing, blinking, shifting, and imagining I am seeing the full letters, and this way I am even typing on my laptop (small screen) without glasses. Of course the vision is blurry, but I am working around it and not surrendering to the glasses. I stay less time straight at the computer. It delays my word a lot, for I have been taking more and longer breaks so i can relax the eyes. But I will no loner impair my eyes in detriment of work.

I'll do some more outdoor shifting and sunning now. See you soon!

Thank you so much for your constant motivation, and for being there reading my experiences and supporting me and all the students. That makes a great difference in our vision improvement process. Smile

Many blessings to you!

Rosangela
05-12-2015, 06:54 PM
(05-12-2015 05:39 PM)Rosangela Wrote:  Mary,

I just want to share good news: yesterday I was able to read small print (4 point!) of some Bate's material that I printed from your site - without those cheap reading glasses!!! I was outdoors, for about 30 minutes! It was very pleasant! I know I can't do that 4-point print indoors yet - not enough light, but it was a great accomplishment to read such small print outdoors, in partial shade even!

I am really avoiding to my best those $1 reading glasses. I did have to buy one pair a few months ago because I was not being able to read anything anymore. But after I read your post about those cheap glasses doing more more harm than the prescription glasses, I am doing my best now to not use them anymore. I keep breathing, blinking, shifting, and imagining I am seeing the full letters, and this way I am even typing on my laptop (small screen) without glasses. Of course the vision is blurry, but I am working around it and not surrendering to the glasses. I stay less time straight at the computer. It delays my word a lot, for I have been taking more and longer breaks so i can relax the eyes. But I will no loner impair my eyes in detriment of work.

I'll do some more outdoor shifting and sunning now. See you soon!

Thank you so much for your constant motivation, and for being there reading my experiences and supporting me and all the students. That makes a great difference in our vision improvement process. Smile

Many blessings to you!

Rosangela

Yahooooo!!! Yeah! That is great news Rosangela! Once you can do this; then its all down hill. You got it!!

I feeling better so will make a fine print video for you; show about 5 ways to see it clear. Sound ok?

Mary

05-14-2015, 09:33 PM

Yahooooo!!! Yeah! That is great news Rosangela! Once you can do this; then its all down hill. You got it!!

I feeling better so will make a fine print video for you; show about 5 ways to see it clear. Sound ok?

Mary
[/quote]

It sounds great, Mary! Smile A video on small print and also astigmatism and strabismus! hahaha

Well, I am working with the circles, tracing them all directions, and shifting from point to point, and I am also using the Tibetan Wheel - both are good for removing astigmatism, right? The Tibetan Wheel - I have a question: how long and how close to the eyes should it be? I have put the paper about 3 to 4 inches from my eyes, very in the center (the dot in center of the Wheel is in the direction of my nose, 3 inches away). And I shifted my vision all directions, slowly, tracing the lines and shifting on the circles and spikes, it took me about... I would say... 10 minutes. Would that be right?

I noticed, too, that I've been less cross-eyed for the last few days. I think the shifting is being REALLY beneficial! Smile

Thank you, Mary! Smile

And I am glad you are feeling better now. I've been sending you love vibes! Smile

More soon!

Rosangela
05-15-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 12:57 PM by ClarkNight.)
(05-14-2015 09:33 PM)Rosangela Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 06:54 PM)ClarkNight Wrote:  

Mary

It sounds great, Mary! Smile A video on small print and also astigmatism and strabismus! hahaha

Well, I am working with the circles, tracing them all directions, and shifting from point to point, and I am also using the Tibetan Wheel - both are good for removing astigmatism, right? The Tibetan Wheel - I have a question: how long and how close to the eyes should it be? I have put the paper about 3 to 4 inches from my eyes, very in the center (the dot in center of the Wheel is in the direction of my nose, 3 inches away). And I shifted my vision all directions, slowly, tracing the lines and shifting on the circles and spikes, it took me about... I would say... 10 minutes. Would that be right?

I noticed, too, that I've been less cross-eyed for the last few days. I think the shifting is being REALLY beneficial! Smile

Thank you, Mary! Smile

And I am glad you are feeling better now. I've been sending you love vibes! Smile

More soon!

Rosangela
[/quote]

Hey Rosangela,

Still working on small print video. Done soon.

I have a very good strabismus cure but its for a new book. Have to go over it so many times to get it right. Very exacting. Will post pics here when its done. Its actually in my videos I already posted with the red pen but another I need to tell you on phone or Skype due to way to much to type so its done correct.

Just add the Phoria swing to it; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id66.html

Astigmatism videos are done few years ago, bottom youtube page;

The astigmatism circles are good but I also like tracing, shifting on the lines. When you hit one just right you can feel the head, eye like it goes over a wave in the ocean; that's the exact tight eye muscle, area eye that has the astigmatism. Might also feel it in the neck. Go nice and easy, float through the tracing, shifting and it will clear the line.

For the circles; look at one. Note imperfect shape. Close the eyes and imagine the shape is perfect, round. Shift on it with the closed eyes. Open, repeat.

For the lines and circles; move the head with the eyes. You don't have to start in the center. Don't stay in the center. Just look where you want. Face the part your looking at and move on it. No time limits; if clear quickly; that's enough. If want practice more, 3 min 1-2 times day is enough. Bates method is more about relaxation, observing how you feel, what you are doing when vision is low an when it is clear. Just keep those correct vision habits.

You can read more about phoria swings in my teachers book free online; http://www.amazon.com/Relearning-See-Imp...2C+natural Just use the look inside. More on Google; https://books.google.com/books?id=z8ztdd...3B&f=false

I don't like that Tibetan wheel. Also don't like the main guy that teaches it. He also teaches some unnatural stuff (artificial 3-D, magic eye, 3 cups) that causes strabismus, double vision. Avoid him.

You be better off just relaxing and shifting on tree leaves, bark, flowers both eyes, one eye at a time.

Very happy to hear the eyes are moving better! Shifting does work.

The switching with shifting, astigmatism lines chart, and posture, movement greatly helped me overcome the wandering eye and astigmatism condition that was caused by the chiropractor misaligning my neck, spine.

So you CAN do it. Proof; 1st video after injury;

Later as improving;

Then see eye movement cured in later videos; https://www.youtube.com/user/ClarkClydeNight/videos

Will get on the video maybe by this weekend. Coincidence you ask for it; had one 90% done last year but so busy. Still have all the parts. I did 3 on my porch reading and doing Dr. Bates thumb movement in fine and micro print and came out great; but my face and eye lids...were so swollen from a allergy to henna hair die, sweating it from scalp, hair bangs into my face, eyes last summer; I had to trash the videos. So will do yours and then follow up this summer (I hope) with the other.

Thanks for posting your conditions and progress so other people can learn, are helped for free! We appreciate it.

Mary

05-15-2015, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 03:56 PM by Rosangela.)
Great videos in this post, Mary. Thank you! I have a few questions, though.

You (and Emily Bates, on Suggestion, page 160 of your e-book) say that we must always turn our head in the direction we look. I suppose that applies also for when we are shifting from one part of a long fence to another part, or from one tree to another; or on long distant shifting and swing. That makes sense. I got this part. My question is about small shifting, like when we are shifting from one side to another of a letter, 10-pt, for example.

a) The distance from one side to the other of the letter is so short to allow movement of the head, isn't it? Can't we just move the eyes, in this case?

b) When, with closed eyes, we shift our focal point in our imagination from up, to the right side, then down, left side, and up again, and repeat - do we need to move the head as well?

c) When we are using the Astigmatism Wheel you say in your video to not tilt the head, and that makes sense too. You say to keep the head straight as we test for astigmatism and check if there is an unclear line. But then I got confused: should we keep the head straight or move it along with the eyes? And is this just a "test" or it's already the practice for removing the astigmatism? (I apologize for my confusion)

d) And finally about the Wheel, the one you show is not much different of the Tibetan Wheel. I mean, the purpose is the same, it's just that the Tibetan Wheel has spikes and circles, but it has the same number of lines, same position and alignment, and the principle is the same: remove astigmatism. Isn't that? Would you explain to me further why you don't like the Tibetan Wheel?

I have seen a couple of videos of Leo Angart - he's Australian, are you familiar with his work? I like this one video where he teaches in a workshop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q_xwEFECk

Leo seems to follow Bates, too, but he adds other methods like pranic healing. The way he teaches to use the Tibetan Wheel in this video seems okay. What do you think? However, by perusing his website (which is not so good) I found out that he uses the artificial 3-D, magic eye, and 3 cups that you you mentioned. I never used those, though. Thanks for alerting me! I also just read on your site about the harm those exercises can do to an already impaired eye. Now I just wonder... how is he and other teachers not aware of the risks in practicing these exercises?

Well... I usually follow my guts and what makes sense to me, and in reality, looking at those 3 cups, and the images to create fake 3D makes my eyes feel weird, like if there were all over the place at the same time. Just by taking a quick glance on at them - not "using" them as an exercise. So I can easily agree that they must strain the brain, confuse it, and mass up the eye focus even more!!

Thanks again, Mary.

Rosangela
05-17-2015, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 06:15 PM by ClarkNight.)
(05-15-2015 03:45 PM)Rosangela Wrote:  Great videos in this post, Mary. Thank you! I have a few questions, though.

You (and Emily Bates, on Suggestion, page 160 of your e-book) say that we must always turn our head in the direction we look. I suppose that applies also for when we are shifting from one part of a long fence to another part, or from one tree to another; or on long distant shifting and swing. That makes sense. I got this part. My question is about small shifting, like when we are shifting from one side to another of a letter, 10-pt, for example.

a) The distance from one side to the other of the letter is so short to allow movement of the head, isn't it? Can't we just move the eyes, in this case?

b) When, with closed eyes, we shift our focal point in our imagination from up, to the right side, then down, left side, and up again, and repeat - do we need to move the head as well?

c) When we are using the Astigmatism Wheel you say in your video to not tilt the head, and that makes sense too. You say to keep the head straight as we test for astigmatism and check if there is an unclear line. But then I got confused: should we keep the head straight or move it along with the eyes? And is this just a "test" or it's already the practice for removing the astigmatism? (I apologize for my confusion)

d) And finally about the Wheel, the one you show is not much different of the Tibetan Wheel. I mean, the purpose is the same, it's just that the Tibetan Wheel has spikes and circles, but it has the same number of lines, same position and alignment, and the principle is the same: remove astigmatism. Isn't that? Would you explain to me further why you don't like the Tibetan Wheel?

I have seen a couple of videos of Leo Angart - he's Australian, are you familiar with his work? I like this one video where he teaches in a workshop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Q_xwEFECk

Leo seems to follow Bates, too, but he adds other methods like pranic healing. The way he teaches to use the Tibetan Wheel in this video seems okay. What do you think? However, by perusing his website (which is not so good) I found out that he uses the artificial 3-D, magic eye, and 3 cups that you you mentioned. I never used those, though. Thanks for alerting me! I also just read on your site about the harm those exercises can do to an already impaired eye. Now I just wonder... how is he and other teachers not aware of the risks in practicing these exercises?

Well... I usually follow my guts and what makes sense to me, and in reality, looking at those 3 cups, and the images to create fake 3D makes my eyes feel weird, like if there were all over the place at the same time. Just by taking a quick glance on at them - not "using" them as an exercise. So I can easily agree that they must strain the brain, confuse it, and mass up the eye focus even more!!

Thanks again, Mary.

Rosangela

Hey Rose,

I find that the head movement with tiny shifts is subtle. Note; when watching tv; does your head naturally move with every single shift? Mine doesn't always, but often does, usually small, subtle. I use a small tv. Just let this happen naturally. Note if you move across the screen the head moves. Shift on a small print letter and allow a tiny subtle loose head movement. It can be barely perceptible but its there. Don't get too wrapped up in that. It will come to you. I over emphasize it sometimes due to people that develop the habit of looking out the sides of their eyes or placing the object they want to see in the peripheral; this causes tension. Its a common incorrect habit people with cataract, macula degeneration develop; it increases the problem.

If you move the head so the face is in the direction you look; note relaxation occurs. And central-fixation is easy.

In another suggestion (or fundamental) Emily says to see the opposite swing without moving the head with the eyes. The opposite swing occurs due to eye movement. I note that Thomas Quackenbush omitted that sentence from his magazines. I agree. I have a longer debate, explanation on that in all our new books.

In the end; its best to move the head with the eyes, but let it be easy, natural. Don't over shoot the move; don't move the head-face beyond the eyes shift. The eyes and head just kinda float together.
Right now I am shifting on a small dot; my head is more like a loose floating movement. I don't try to move it; the brain just does it naturally.

I bet when you move the eyes doing the small shifts; your head is still doing a tiny, almost imperseptible movement. If you feel a pull, tension occur; let the head move. Blink. Imitate people with clear, perfect vision, relaxation. I prefer the head movement. I truly believe its the right way. It keeps my neck, head-face, eyes nice and loose. Even if the movement is so little its not noticed by others.

I swing my imaginary period with eyes closed; and the head does do a little left and right swing with the eyes. Feels good!

Astigmatism wheel; move the head along with the eyes. Just don't twist, tilt the head-neck. You can move it up, down, left, right, diagonal with the eyes tracing or shifting. If it gets tight; move the body along with the head, eyes.

Its a test and practice to remove astigmatism at same time.

Leo, Meir Schneider and others don't seem to care. A lot of teachers sell whatever looks mysterious, will attract people to buy. If you note in Meirs book; he teaches palming wrong. A hands position that tenses the head, neck, shoulders. If you cross the hands on the forehead, as it should be, as Dr. Bates taught; it relaxes all those areas. Meir is supposed to be a movement, massage... expert; but a lot he teaches is wrong. My neighbor down the street, a rare true masseuse can loosen up my back for $30.00! And lasts for years. Taught me home application.

Some of those teachers provide good things but I left them behind because of all the bad stuff they teach. I note in Leo's video he is moving his finger up, down, angles and only his eyes are moving. This is wrong. Its not normal shifting. The head should be moving with the eyes. Watch people in a audience watching a movie or sport; they don't just move the eyes.

Recently a person sought help after following one of these unnatural teacher's similar incorrect eye movements without the head; the unnatural teacher had him stretching the eyes hard left, right... while keeping the head forward. The poor guy ended up with a big blue vein in his eyelid, pain, red eyes, sandy feeling, lights in the side of his eyes and a sprained eye muscle which resulted in astigmatism. He was talked into glasses. The condition worsened. He finally went to a different eye doctor and the doctor found a sprained vitreous (the clear gel in the eye); it detached a bit from the retina. Its healing now, hes stopped wearing glasses and doc says he will be ok. But would this had happened if he was not doing the eye stretches?

Some of the Tibetan wheel is ok. I like the many patterns in some charts; gets the eyes shifting. But don't limit shifting. Let the eyes move where the mind is finding interest. Automatically. That's why I prefer people to make their own charts; and out of real material; flowers, leaves, stones... It has depth, dimension.

Just read Dr. Bates books and my directions PDF I gave you in the past; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id110.html Most people hate it because its so long and it does need condensing, combining.
But it lists the unnatural methods to avoid, so students are protected. I have met a few people that got double vision, strabismus from those artificial 3-D. Including myself. It also made my eye injury from the neck injury worse. Took a while to correct it but Bates Method worked.
Even the Goodrichs teach the Artificial 3-D; I don't like that, it is one thing I post on my website and in book about them to avoid. They have so much that really is good, so they are one of the very few I allow to stay in my recommendations, but I have to put that warning.

I prefer Janet Goodrich's astigmatism wheel with the pictures on it to shift on. You can make your own; paste a lot of detailed pictures on all the lines and shift on them. Or make a wire or string astigmatism chart and put real objects on it in your garden. I have a picture of one in the pdfs. The big one with rainbow on cover.

Still have not done fine print video. So busy and burnt out. Might have to leave it til summer so I can put the old and new and yours all in one. Otherwise I am scattering, rushing and wont be the best. It will get done.

Mary

05-18-2015, 05:37 PM
It's all very clear, now. Thank you, Mary!

When you post anything new here, especially if related to these 3 cases (presbyopia, astigmatism, strabismus) could you please PM me, otherwise it's hard to know if there is a new reply or a new thread that I may be interested.

Also, when you have 5 or 10 minutes to spare with me on Skype, I would like to show you how I am doing the red pen exercise. When I do with both eyes, it's fine. When I close the left, it's fine too, looking with the right. The pen continues in the same place. When I close the right eye and look at the pen with the left eye, the pen "moves" all the way to the right. I am intrigued by the fact the pen appears to move only when I look with the left eye (the one with strabismus, but not seeing double at that moment). So, I'd like to show you on video - whenever you have time. I don't want to bug you too much. Smile Then you can email me (or PM) so we can set a good time.for that.

Thank you very much, Mary. Have a good week! Smile

Rose
05-18-2015, 06:28 PM
(05-18-2015 05:37 PM)Rosangela Wrote:  It's all very clear, now. Thank you, Mary!

When you post anything new here, especially if related to these 3 cases (presbyopia, astigmatism, strabismus) could you please PM me, otherwise it's hard to know if there is a new reply or a new thread that I may be interested.

Also, when you have 5 or 10 minutes to spare with me on Skype, I would like to show you how I am doing the red pen exercise. When I do with both eyes, it's fine. When I close the left, it's fine too, looking with the right. The pen continues in the same place. When I close the right eye and look at the pen with the left eye, the pen "moves" all the way to the right. I am intrigued by the fact the pen appears to move only when I look with the left eye (the one with strabismus, but not seeing double at that moment). So, I'd like to show you on video - whenever you have time. I don't want to bug you too much. Smile Then you can email me (or PM) so we can set a good time.for that.

Thank you very much, Mary. Have a good week! Smile

Rose

Be glad to Rose.

Would be VERY interested in seeing this on Skype and figuring it out. Got a lot of people today but only 1 so far tomorrow. I will keep Skype on tomorrow all day. If I have to sign off for short time; email me and I will sign back on.

I started a quickie fine print video today. Setting up the porch so comfy when read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Questions on Thoughts Relating to Clear Sight Sunrise 4 2,728 11-13-2014 03:50 PM
Last Post: ClarkNight
  Audio ClarkNight 0 815 09-04-2014 08:04 PM
Last Post: ClarkNight